The Custodian will clean and maintain the facility.
Shift: 5am to 1pm
- Performs general cleaning and janitorial duties in the common areas of the building.
- Performs minor repairs and maintenance such as replacing light fixtures or unclogging pipes.
- Assists in cleaning and sanitizing restrooms and cafeteria.
- Performs limited grounds maintenance such as mowing and trimming lawns and hedges and cleaning snow from sidewalks.
- Ensures heating and cooling systems are operational.
- Maintains a neat and orderly janitors’ room; ensures cleaning and maintenance supplies are stocked.
- Cleans and keeps up various surfaces and material within a building or space.
- Sweeps and mops floors.
- Fill paper towel, soap, hand sanitizer.
- Cleans and disinfects toilets and replenishes supplies such as toilet paper, soap, and paper towels.
- Operates and maintains equipment such as vacuums and floor cleaners.
- Collects and removes trash from a building or space.
- Makes minor repairs as necessary, including tasks such as changing light bulbs and fixing leaks.
- Notifies supervisor when major repairs, including structural issues or highly skilled tasks, are required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning and sanitizing solutions.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and operate tools or equipment used in routine maintenance.
- Ability to keep the facility clean and orderly.
- Ability to interact with others while remaining professional, polite, and courteous.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to feel or handle; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to twist, stoop, walk, and carry within the following parameters. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds.
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, protective shoes/boots. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
- Employees must demonstrate physical ability to work in a standing position, between 8-12 hours per day.