Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising for organization by performing the following duties.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews requisitions. Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Determine method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiate contracts within budgetary limitations and scope authority.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take appropriate action.
- Approves invoices for payment if pricing is not in conformity to purchase order.
- Expedites delivery of goods to users.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Observance and adherence to company policies.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and lead personnel to complete production requirements to service the customer.
- Punctual and dependable, placing high priority on producing throughout scheduled hours and excellent attendance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk and stand; use hands to feel or handle; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to twist, stoop, and carry small tools or parts.
Working conditions are normal for an office building and a manufacturing environment.