Paint Line – 1st and 3rd Shift
Department: Paint Line
Reports To: Shift Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Stage parts as required for paint, provides assistance to other areas of paint line as requested by supervisor.
- Can differentiate a good from bad part by referencing work order/print. Removes parts (with or without assistance) from work surface and loads parts on racks/hooks per work order process or as directed.
- Remove excess water and debris from parts by utilizing air hoses or other means as directed. Follows the work order/process to plug or open threads to prep parts for paint.
- After painting process, remove plugs, clear openings and remove parts from racks. Stage parts for quality control, shipping or assembly as instructed by work order.
- Accurately record production data such as: quality, labor reporting, manufacturing time, scrap, and downtime information
- Coordinate and plan daily/weekly work schedule with supervisor, immediately addressing any issues or concerns.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to listen to, read and follow instructions from supervisor
- Problem solving.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills required normally acquired through high school diploma or equivalent.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery, hand tools, and computers.
- Observance and adherence to company policies
- Desire to learn new skills and improve technical knowledge.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and lead personnel to complete production requirements to service the customer.
- Strong teamwork orientation; willing to train or assist other, less experienced operators.
- Punctual and dependable, placing high priority on producing throughout scheduled hours and excellent attendance
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to feel or handle; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to twist, stoop, walk, and carry within the following parameters. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds.
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, protective shoes/boots. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
- Employees must demonstrate physical ability to work in a standing position, between 8-12 hours per day.
- Work environment is hot and humid due to oven and chemical use to dry and process parts. Work surface of parts may be dusty when blowing air to complete the drying process for paint prep. Employee may be required to insert hands, arms and head into parts dependent on size for inspection prior to paint process.