Material Handler/ Tube Laser Operator
Reports To: Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Operate the assigned Trumpf laser(s) and sheet steel handling equipment to meet or exceed scheduled production requirements, following structural blueprint or sketch specifications, complying with quality standards.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Set up and operate laser, download Trumpf (CNC) Programming
- Operation of steel loading crane or forklift to safely move material as necessary to the laser work cell
- Safely use vacuum lift to transfer material to machine
- Troubleshoot equipment, including nozzle changes, tape shots, duty cycles, lens focus, feed rates, frequency, gas pressure, etc. to maximize production efficiencies
- Quality control assessments; producing quality parts within company/customer specifications, making adjustments as necessary, rejecting product outside of documented specifications.
- Accurately record production data such as: quality, labor reporting, manufacturing time, scrap, and downtime information
- Utilizing company supplied tools to perform job (squares, calipers, protractor)
- Competent in measuring parts, reading blueprints, and verifying dimensions with precise measuring tools in English and Metric.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment (No food, trash, scrap parts, etc.)
- Follows company policies, procedures, and safety standards at all times. (Gloves, glasses, sleeves, etc.)
- Must have dependable, reliable, on-time attendance.
- Ability to perform well in fast paced environment with sense of urgency to meet scheduled daily goals.
- Perform maintenance and PM’s on laser.
- Identify/Improve areas in reducing scrap/waste, improving costs and lead times.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
Department: None Specified
Reports To: Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Removes inbound materials from delivery vehicles, inspecting for any visible damage and moves to a designated storage area. Incoming shipments will include products, parts, or raw materials. Pulls stored materials for operations and moves to production or shipping area. Documents information relating to the receipt, storage, or distribution of materials. Operates a forklift for moving or stacking materials.
- Coordinate and plan daily/weekly work schedule with the supervisor, immediately addressing any issues or concerns.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to listen to, read and follow instructions from supervisor
- Reads work orders or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Opens containers using steel cutters or other hand tools.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves.
- Loads and unloads materials on and off vehicles and installs or removes strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Conveys materials to or from storage or work sites to designated area, using a hand truck, or other devices.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination, using hand-operated crane or hoist to the destination.
- Can comprehend and perform basic computer operation as needed to document product receipt, product shipment, and product invoicing.
- Labels material to properly identify for storage as requirements dictate for raw stock or work in process.
- Move material from “hold” areas only after being released by Quality Assurance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills required normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing processes, procedures, machinery and blueprint reading normally acquired through 1-3 years of manufacturing experience, with acute attention to detail.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Observance and adherence to company policies
- Ability to safely operate a hand jack.
- Ability to obtain certification and safely operate a forklift and crane (optional).
- Desire to learn new skills and improve technical knowledge.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and lead personnel to complete production requirements to service the customer.
- Strong teamwork orientation; willing to train or assist other, less experienced operators.
- Punctual and dependable, placing high priority on producing throughout scheduled hours and excellent attendance
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to feel or handle; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to twist, stoop, walk, and carry within the following parameters. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds.
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, protective shoes/boots. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
- Employees must demonstrate physical ability to work in a standing position, between 8-12 hours per day.