Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Install and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment by performing assigned tasks, complying with company policies and quality standards.
- Install power and control conduits in accordance to NFPA 79
- Install Low voltage cabling
- Termination of conductors and cabling for facilities and machinery
- Installation of electrical equipment and related machinery
- Disassembly or relocation of equipment
- Equipment startup and qualification
- Print reading
- Troubleshooting electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment
- Proficient in using electrical test equipment
- Understanding of basic and advanced electrical theory and laws
- Working knowledge of various motion controls and their associated equipment
- Working knowledge of cutting lasers
- Continued education as new technologies are implemented within the company
- Assist with training others in the maintenance department
- Safety controls
- Programming and setup of equipment controls
- Competent in measuring parts and verifying dimensions with precise measuring tools in English and Metric.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment (No food, trash, scrap parts, etc.)
- Follows company policies, procedures, and safety standards at all times. (Gloves, glasses, sleeves, etc.)
- Must have dependable, reliable, on-time attendance.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency to meet scheduled daily goals.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills required normally acquired through high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of four years’ experience as a Maintenance person in a Manufacturing environment, with acute attention to detail.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Observance and adherence to company policies
- The desire to learn new skills and improve technical knowledge.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and lead personnel to complete production requirements to service the customer.
- Strong teamwork orientation; willing to train or assist other, less experienced operators.
- Punctual and dependable, placing a high priority on producing throughout scheduled hours and excellent attendance
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to feel or handle; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to twist, stoop, walk, and carry within the following parameters. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds.
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, protective shoes/boots. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
- Employees must demonstrate the physical ability to work in a standing position, between 8-12 hours per day.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Licensed Journeyman preferred