Laser Operator – 3rd Shift
Reports To: Shift Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Shift: This position will train on 1st shift before moving to 3rd shift.
Operate the assigned Trumpf laser(s) and sheet steel handling equipment to meet or exceed scheduled production requirements, following structural blueprint or sketch specifications, complying with quality standards.
- Set up and operate laser, download Trumpf (CNC) Programming
- Operation of steel loading crane or forklift to safely move material as necessary to the laser work cell
- Safely use vacuum lift to transfer material to machine
- Troubleshoot equipment, including nozzle changes, tape shots, duty cycles, lens focus, feed rates, frequency, gas pressure, etc. to maximize production efficiencies
- Quality control assessments; producing quality parts within company/customer specifications, making adjustments as necessary, rejecting product outside of documented specifications.
- Accurately record production data such as: quality, labor reporting, manufacturing time, scrap, and downtime information
- Utilizing company supplied tools to perform job (squares, calipers, protractor)
- Competent in measuring parts, reading blueprints, and verifying dimensions with precise measuring tools in English and Metric.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment (No food, trash, scrap parts, etc.)
- Follows company policies, procedures, and safety standards at all times. (Gloves, glasses, sleeves, etc.)
- Must have dependable, reliable, on-time attendance.
- Ability to perform well in fast-paced environment with sense of urgency to meet scheduled daily goals.
- Perform maintenance and PM’s on laser.
- Identify/Improve areas in reducing scrap/waste, improving costs and lead times.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills required normally acquired through high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing processes, procedures, machinery and blue print reading normally acquired through 1-3 years of manufacturing experience, with acute attention to detail.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Observance and adherence to company policies
- Ability to safely operate a hand jack.
- Ability to obtain certification and safely operate a forklift (optional).
- Desire to learn new skills and improve technical knowledge.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and lead personnel to complete production requirements to service the customer.
- Strong teamwork orientation; willing to train or assist other, less experienced operators.
- Punctual and dependable, placing high priority on producing throughout scheduled hours and excellent attendance
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to feel or handle; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to twist, stoop, walk, and carry within the following parameters. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds.
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, protective shoes/boots. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
- Employees must demonstrate the physical ability to work in a standing position, between 8-12 hours per day.