Drill and Tap – 3rd Shift
Reports To: Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Complete a variety of tasks related to manufacturing, drill holes and taps as required.
- Coordinate and plan daily/weekly work schedule with supervisor, immediately addressing any issues or concerns.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to listen to, read and follow instructions from supervisor
- Assemble product (Rivet /Pem operations)
- Carry out basic quality and testing checks ( sorting parts that are rejected from QC)
- Maintain work areas and equipment
- Drill/tap/router parts as required
- Effectively utilizing company supplied tools to perform the job (air tools; pop rivet screw, banding equipment, torque wrenches, tape measure, etc.)
- Performs complicated multi-operation procedures frequently.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Drills and deburrs holes to correct size and taps and inspects holes per requirements.
- Accurately record production data such as: quality, labor reporting, manufacturing time, scrap, and downtime information
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills required normally acquired through high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing processes, procedures, machinery and blueprint reading normally acquired through 1-3 years of manufacturing experience, with acute attention to detail.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery, hand tools, and computers.
- Observance and adherence to company policies
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to safely operate a hand jack.
- Ability to obtain certification and safely operate a forklift (optional).
- Desire to learn new skills and improve technical knowledge.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and lead personnel to complete production requirements to service the customer.
- Strong teamwork orientation; willing to train or assist other, less experienced operators.
- Punctual and dependable, placing a high priority on producing throughout scheduled hours and excellent attendance
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to feel or handle; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to twist, stoop, walk, and carry within the following parameters. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds.
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, protective shoes/boots. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
- Employees must demonstrate physical ability to work in a standing position, between 8-12 hours per day.